Thursday 5 February 2009

When the snow falls

I should have been in Stafford today, but the weather forecast suggested it might not be wise to make the journey. I was up at 6am to check the weather, get ready etc and it looked fine this end.... but the TV suggested it would be snowing in the Midlands, and I heard that the M1 was down to one lane. In the end I decided not to travel, but I felt really bad about letting the group in Stafford down. Managed to contact them about 7.30am, and they were understanding and able to rearrange their day. It's also possible for me to go and do my stuff next Thursday, so I didn't feel so bad. But then the snow came here, and it snowed hard all morning, so I was really glad I hadn't set out. Meanwhile I've got on with a load of things I have to do, but which would have been neglected otherwise. All of which reminds me that whilst a man plans his way, it is the Lord who directs his path.

No comments:

Post a Comment