Saturday 14 February 2009

I can see clearly now

I went to this opticians this morning because my reading glasses have been broken for some time and I had the opportunity to drop in at one of the major shops in town. They tested my eyes very thoroughly. Isn't it embarrassing when you can't read a single word on the card they show you, and then on the next one even the top line is fuzzy? Somehow it makes you feel incompetent and slightly stupid, as if everyone else can read this, but you can't. I thought my eyes would have deteriorated a little, but was surprised to be advised that I should have glasses for driving as well. I am not aware of having hit any parked vehicles, but not wanting to risk it, I agreed to take the free second pair for use when I'm driving - and of course they weren't really as 'free' as I expected given they needed to be tinted as well. The biggest challenge that lies ahead of me now will be keeping track of two pairs of spectacles. I have trouble with one, but with two? It's just another sign of the irresistible process of growing old. At least my spiritual vision is unimpaired and not deteriorating. And I pray that the 'eyes of my heart' will continue to enlightened so that I know more and more about Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment